Thursday, August 13, 2015

Character Study: Five Favorite Movie Heroes

Since I've been rewatching a few of my favorite movies lately, I decided it would be fun to list five of my all time favorite movie heroes...and why I love them.

Warning: semi-kinda-sorta spoilers ahoy, but perhaps not too terribly spoiler-ish. Read at your own peril. Now, onward to glory!

5. Corporal Hicks (Michael Biehn), Aliens - Good with the ladies, good with kids, and kicks a lotta ass. He may not be much of a morning person, but he's a practical guy and a good listener. (Reittrating Ripley: I say we take off, nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.)

4. Jack (Tom Cruise), Legend - Fights against the Lord of Darkness that is Tim Curry, and unlike Lily, he knows not to touch the damn unicorns.

3. Corbin Dallas (Bruce Willis), The Fifth Element - He's calls his cat "Sweetie", is kind to his mother, and is looking for a woman who is perfect. Gotta admire a man with high expectations.

2. William Munny (Clint Eastwood), Unforgiven - A widower and gunslinger. When he met his wife, he left his old life behind for her. Even after her death he's faithful. His love for her was the real deal.

And, my #1 favorite movie hero is...

1. Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn), The Terminator - Yes, he gets two spots on my list. Don't judge me. Why I heart him: Not only is he a handsome dude, as Kyle Reese, he's in love with Sarah Connor before he ever meets her. He's also extremely loyal. He says he would die for his resistance leader, John Connor, and he never realizes the man he admires most is his own son. He travels back in time, which he says is extremely painful, faces a robot killing machine numerous times, and makes the ultimate sacrifice to save his lady love. (sobbing ugly tears)

If you haven't watched these movies, get thee to Amazon. You're missing out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment