Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Current Obsession: The Seven Ages of Rock


I shouldn't be allowed to internet. While researching historical facts for a new novel, I stumbled upon an article about this old BBC documentary called The Seven Ages of Rock. It came out in 2007, and after watching a few minutes of footage, I'm completely obsessed. Talk about falling off the gilded path.

Research is a dangerous rabbit hole to stumble into. It's so easy to find something interesting and end up on a completely different topic than what you were initially researching. I'm terrible at combatting my own curiosity.

That said, I started watching the segment about the Blank Generation, which kicks off talking about the Ramones. They had me at hello. I'm now determined to watch the entire series. I know there are pieces of the documentary on YouTube, but I'm thinking it might be worth my time to see if there's a DVD collection available on Amazon. ♦

No comments:

Post a Comment